16/11/2009 by etiennefish
1. The radiator in my room has stopped functioning. Its not that its cold in my room per se, but that I can no longer open my window to air it out, lest the small amount of warm air escape and never return. My room now feels very shut in
2. The internet at the foyer is rarely working. This means all the things I would like to do on my non-work time (such as work on my french online, download podcasts, plan adventures, write/respond to emails, skype, watch my tv shows, etc, etc) can no longer be done. I don’t know what the problem is. This is STUDENT housing, therefore internet should work. People have to study/stalk people on facebook. This is making me a sad penguin.
3. I am wasting a lot of my time. I have a lot of things to get done (i.e. applying to jobs, writing emails, writing, reading, exploring Geneva, you know, all things of note), but lately I have a hard time doing any of it, and end up just wasting time in my room, watching movies, and somehow managing to lose most of my free hours without knowing how. I need to learn self-discipline. How do I do this? I’ve always sucked so much at it!
4. Geneva is too expensive. End of story.
5. I can’t cook at the foyer. Well this is not true. There is a large kitchen. I just am not allotted space to leave dry foods (ie most ingredients) and an amazingly small space for refrigerated ones. Additionally, no kitchen utensils, cooking things, etc, are supplied. I have no place to keep such things. I would really like to cook (ie make toast, hot breakfasts, beans and rice, and pizza. I am a master chef, it’s true).
Okay that was enough complaining….
On another note- this was the quote of the day that showed up on my homepage at work this morning… Without I may not have started work with a smile on my face:
The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren’t any space aliens. We can’t be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we’re not all there is. If so, we’re in big trouble.
– Ellen DeGeneres